Sidewalk Stone #7: Stiles / Spalsbury - Home
613 Louisiana Street This home at the corner of Louisiana and N. 7th (formerly Cottage & Grant) was first built circa 1900 for H. A. Stiles, a Sturgeon Bay druggist. By 1919, it sold to the family of Dr. James A. Spalsbury, dentist, who occupied it until sometime after 1947. Notice the Cochems/Bassett house next door.
Backstory and Context
This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum1.
1. Door County Historical Museum. . . http://map.co.door.wi.us/museum/.