Sidewalk Stone #18: St Peter’s Lutheran Parsonage
314 W. Maple This building, now at the corner of Maple & Joliet in West Sturgeon Bay (formerly Maple & Little Sturgeon Road), was built as the St Peter’s Lutheran parsonage in 1896 and enlarged in 1913. In 1929, a cellar was put under the house, and the sunporch was donated. Information taken from History of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church (1891-1966) by Jo Benzow. Maple Street was the only street in the city that retained its old name.
Backstory and Context