Clio Logo
Sturgeon Bay Sidewalk Stones Tour
Item 1 of 19

213 Louisiana Street / 60 N 2nd Avenue John Long (1820-1906) was an early shoemaker in the city of Sturgeon Bay having begun his business in the late 1850s on the corner of Cottage and Main Streets (now Louisiana and Second). As with several other businessmen, he had his name cut into the block in front of his shop. An old photo shows that the house has not changed much since those early days. The one-story addition shown in the older and newer photo, was added sometime after the original building. The name is found on the sidewalk on the Second Avenue side of the structure.


This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum.1

1. Door County Historical Museum. . . https://www.co.door.wi.gov/166/Museum