Poplar Bluff Museum
Named after famed American author Mark Twain School, this historic school was built in 1910. Designed in the Classical Revival style, the school operated until 1988, at which point it became the Poplar Bluff Museum. The museum features exhibits on the history of the town and Butler County. Topics explored included conservation, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, sports, and schools. The building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1998.
Thomason, Philip. "Mark Twain School." National Park Service - National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form. February 5, 1998. https://dnr.mo.gov/shpo/nps-nr/98000031.pdf.