Wright's Tavern was built in 1747 by Ephraim Jones. Jones operated the tavern until 1751 and twenty three years later, it was the site of the first meeting of the Massachusetts Provincial Congress. In April 1775, the tavern was the assembly point for Concord's Minutemen before the Battles of Lexington and Concord. The building has been well-preserved since the colonial period and is historically significant given the building's association with the Battle of Lexington and Concord at the start of the American Revolution.
Wright’s Tavern was managed by Amos Wright at the dawn of the American Revolution. On April 19, 1775, local militia gathered here prior to the skirmish at Concord's North Bridge.
The Massachusetts Provincial Congress met prior to this time in October 1774, at the First Parish Church. Wright's Tavern also served as a meeting place for committees of the Congress during the 5-day session.