A Tour through Hamburg's Historic District. Located in Hamburg, Pennsylvania and established as a Historic District August of 2007.
The Hamburg Elementary School built in 1921, was a once operational school building located in the upper part of town, housing grades K-5 in the closer proximity. The Hamburg School District is known as the largest school district in Berks County, spanning 103 square miles. In 2008, the Hamburg Elementary School building was shut down, along with three other elementary buildings, to come together to form one big elementary in Tilden.
The Hamburg Armory is a National Guard Armory located in the town of Hamburg, Pennsylvania. Built in 1938-39, the building takes shape inspired by the Art Deco style. The architects that worked on the project were Elmer H. Adams and John M. Kostecky Jr.
A public operating library in Hamburg, Pennsylvania. Built in between the years 1903 and 1904, the building takes shape inspired heavily by Romanesque Revival style. The building of this specific library, along with around 3,000 others, was funded by the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie who had no actual connection to the town.
This local theater opened in 1920 and was located in a building that dates back to 1799. Since 2013, the theater has been operated by the Our Town Foundation, a local community organization dedicated to preservation and revitalization of historic Hamburg. In addition to showing movies on weekends, the theater hosts community events and meetings.
The Hamburg Broom Works building was established in the year 1894 by a man named Wilson Schmick. The company remained a public entity from 1923-1999, after then going private. In the later years, it became one of the assets of the Hamburg Industries, Inc. and it is no longer operational.