Clio Logo
Entries on This Tour

This Tour is a Walking Tour.

Lewisburg Historic District Walking Tour

Created by Lewisburg Historic Landmarks Commission on December 4th 2017, 7:41:35 pm.
Loading...
Description

Originally known as Fort Savannah, the name of the settlement was changed to Lewisburg after the Battle of Point Pleasant to honor General Andrew Lewis. Officially created in 1782 by the Virginia Assembly, it is the county seat of Greenbrier County and the third oldest town in West Virginia. A complimentary printed version of the walking tour is available at the Greenbrier Valley Visitors Center at 905 Washington Street West (corner of Washington and Court Streets).


Share