Cargill United Methodist Church
Previous location of Cargill Methodist Church.
Backstory and Context
This congregation has gone through many different phases throughout its history. Originally, there were two different Methodist congregations in Janesville, Wisconsin. The first one, in 1853, was housed in a building on McKinley Street and was called the First Methodist Church. Then on South Main Street, the The Court Street Methodist Church was constructed in 1868. It wasn`t until 1904 that the two congregations merged together and formed the Cargill Memorial Methodist Church. The most recent name change to Cargill Untied Methodist Church occurred in 1968 due to the global coming together of Methodist Church and the United Brethren Church.
History & Background. Cargill United Methodist Church. Accessed May 23, 2017. http://cargillchurchjanesville.com/about-us/.