Clio Logo
Janesville Wisconsin Tour
Item 24 of 44

Located in the Conrad Cottages Historic District, this is one of the few examples that still exist today, which shows the side effects of the Janesville community`s rapid growth in population and business in the nineteenth century.


  • A Conrad Cottage located on 330 Milton Ave.

While not a contractor in trade, Charles Conrad built four cottages on Milton Avenue in 1882. Their original purpose was to provide housing for the temporary workers that were arriving in Janesville as the various areas in the city began to expand. All four cottages continue to exist in a way that is historically accurate.

Wisconsin Historical Society, Wisconsin Architecture and History Inventory, "Janesville", "Rock", "Wisconsin", "46436".

0