Nineteenth-Century Commercial Architecture of Rochester, Michigan
Rochester's downtown business district contains multiple surviving examples of nineteenth-century commercial architecture. The oldest surviving example is the Rollin Sprague/Old Stone Store, built of coursed cobblestone in 1849 and listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The last building erected in the business district in the nineteenth century was the Masonic Block at Fourth and Main, designed by Pontiac architect E.R. Prall in 1899 and registered as a Michigan Historic Site.