Latrobe Presbyterian Church
The Latrobe Presbyterian Church began as a mission in 1852, but was officially authorized to form as a church on March 1, 1869, after the application to the Presbytery of Blairsville was approved. The first elected pastor at the newly established church was the Reverend S.M. Davis from Saltsburg Presbytery.
Backstory and Context
Text removed because it was copied from a source.
This history contains excerpts from "A History of Latrobe Presbyterian Church 1852 to 1994", by Walter S. Hazlett, Jr. Dr. Hazlett practiced Family Medicine in Latrobe from 1953 to 1990 at 501 Weldon Street. He has served as a deacon and, later, several terms as an elder. A historical survey of LPC done by the Rev. Dr. Robert R. Vogelsang in 1969 was used extensively by Dr. Hazlett.
History, Latrobe Presbyterian Church. Accessed July 6th 2020. http://www.latrobepc.org/worship.html.