W. J. Lewis House
The Lewis House was built for businessman W.J. Lewis and his family in 1902. The Lewis House is architecturally significant as one of Ruston's landmark residences. The home is distinguished among Ruston's older residences because of its size, age, intricate massing, and the variety and quality of its details. The home has Tuscan columns and a relatively dynamic asymmetrical composition consisting of a wraparound gallery set between two protruding gabled wings. The massing is further enlivened by a second story porch and a separate gallery gable marking the entrance. The home features two Palladian motifs. It was owned by the Lewis family until 1987.
Backstory and Context