Clio Logo
Historic Downtown Ruston Walking Tour
Item 15 of 22
Ruston's first fire station was completed in 1907 on property donated by the city's founder Robert Edwin Russ. The large parcel of land Russ provided was used for Ruston's first school and later a power plant. The farmer's market is currently on the property. The large parking lot behind the fire station was once the location of the town's opera house.

  • Central Fire Station
  • September 16, 1907
  • Monochrome, Font, History, Monochrome photography

Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation & Tourism. Ruston Power and Light Plant, July 8th 2019. Accessed May 10th 2021.

Louisiana Department of Culture, Recreation & Tourism. Central Fire Station, October 8th 1992. Accessed May 10th 2021.

Image Sources(Click to expand)

Lincoln Parish Museum

Shreveport Journal