Clio Logo
Demo Queens Tour
Item 3 of 5
The Queens Museum was established in 1972 and is located in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in a building constructed for the 1939 World’s Fair. This same building hosted the United Nations General Assembly at its inception in 1946 and served this capacity until 1950. The museum's permanent collection consists of around 10,000 items, over 6000 of which are documents and objects related to the 1939 and 1964 World's Fairs. The most popular part of the museum is the "Panorama of the City of New York", which was built between 1961 and 1964 and was one of the highlights of the 1964 World’s Fair. A celebration of the City’s municipal infrastructure, this 9,335-square-foot architectural model includes every single building constructed in all five boroughs (895,000 individual structures). The museum is also famous for the Neustadt Collection of Tiffany glass. A major 2013 restoration project helped expand Queens Museum's available space and offerings.

  • The Queens Museum was constructed for the 1939 World's Fair.
  • Lobby of the museum after the 2013 restoration project.
  • The Queens Museum's panorama of New York.

About, Queens Museum. Accessed October 16th 2020.

Queens Museum, Grimshaw Global. Accessed October 16th 2020.

Queens Museum, NYC Arts. Accessed October 16th 2020.

Image Sources(Click to expand)

Chiou, Leo. "Queens Museum." 2016. Wikimedia. Accessed October 16, 2020.

Sundberg, David. "Queens Museum Lobby." 2014. Queens Museum. Accessed October 16, 2020.

"The Panorama of the City of New York." Queens Museum. Accessed October 16, 2020.