Old Trinity Church
SE corner of Church and High Sts. The “Old English Church” began as a log cabin in 1745. A stone structure called the Mecklenburg Chapel replaced the original building in 1769. Though it has gone through several renovations, the basic structure of 1769 still remains. It is among the earliest surviving church buildings west of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Backstory and Context
Our History. Trinity Episcopal Church. Accessed July 08, 2017. http://www.trinityshepherdstown.org/our-history/.