Clio Logo
Walking Tour of Historic Orange City
Item 5 of 24
The 1.5 story house at 128 N. Oak Ave was constructed in 1906 and is a contributing structure to the Orange City National Register Historic District. Newspapers of the day indicate Dr. Ira C. Curtis and his wife Laura purchased the lot in 1905 and began construction in January of 1906. Since that time, this location has maintained a residential use. The property changed hands several times over the years.

  • 2020 photo
  • Window, Property, House, Residential area

The 111 year old Frame Vernacular structure received multiple exterior modifications over the years, which included overlaying asbestos siding on top of the existing wood siding and enclosing the porch. Despite these earlier modernizations, the structure was in a deteriorated state in 2016, when an investor acquired the property with the intent to rehabilitate.