St. Luke's Episcopal Church
Physician and priest Charles Quintard assembled a congregation within Atlanta in 1863--in the midst of the Civil War and just prior to the destructive Battle of Atlanta. This group officially organized St. Luke's Episcopal Church on Easter Sunday in 1864 and worked to both build and rebuild their congregation and city in the following years. This late English Gothic church is listed on the National Register of Historic Places and was completed in 1906. The church is best known for its stained glass, which was created by several different studios and installed over the first six decades of the new building's tenure as both the home of this historic congregation and one-time one-time Cathedral of the Diocese.