Established in the late 1830s, the Michigan Road was the first major road for the state of Indiana. The road connected the Ohio River in SE Indiana with Michigan City, IN, located in the NW region of the state, alongside Lake Michigan. The road was vital the growth of Indiana, trade in region and in the nation's westward expansion. This toll house was established by Augusta Gravel Road Company in 1866 and lasted until 1892. It stands preserved as one of the few remnants of the old Michigan Road.
Hinkle Fieldhouse is situated on the campus of Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana. The fieldhouse is the sixth-oldest active basketball arena in the United States and was the largest in the nation from the time of its construction in 1928 to 1950. The structure was added to the national register of historic places in 1983 and was designated a national historic landmark in 1987 for the role it played in the development of college basketball on both a state and national level.
Arthur Jordan Memorial Hall was the first building remains the center of the Fairview Campus of Butler University in Indianapolis. The building is named in honor of entrepreneur and philanthropist Arthur Jordan. Jordan Hall was constructed in 1927 and opened for classes the following year. In 1984, Jordan Hall was placed on the National Register of Historic Places.