Dr. Edward Baldwin’s house was built 1899-1900 by William L. Coulter, replacing an existing house on the site which was moved. Dr. Baldwin came to Trudeau Sanatorium as a patient, and was the director of the Saranac Laboratory for many years following his treatment. In 1916, he started the Trudeau School of Tuberculosis. Later that same year he founded the Edward Livingston Trudeau Foundation. Dr. Baldwin was also instrumental in the building of the Saranac Lake General Hospital.
Baldwin House, Historic Saranac Lake Local Wiki. Accessed April 9th 2020. https://localwiki.org/hsl/Baldwin_House.