Clio Logo

In 1891, Dr. Frank E. Kendall built and opened the Kendall Pharmacy on 82 (now 81) Main street. This was the second pharmacy in Saranac Lake and it would remain a pharmacy until 1960, when the Kendall Building was sold to the Wilson Clothing Company. Wilson's widened and "modernized" the front of the building, and linked the rears of the surrounding buildings. In 2017, Blue Line Sporting Goods rehabilitated the facade to be more in keeping with the historic character of the downtown district.


  • Kendall Building (right, c. 1900)
  • Kendall Building (c. 2009)
  • Kendall Building (c. 2019)

Kendall Building, Historic Saranac Lake Local Wiki. Accessed April 8th 2020. https://localwiki.org/hsl/Kendall_Building.