The Blacksmith Inn on the Shore
Backstory and Context
On the current site of the Blacksmith Inn on the Shore, August Zahn built his blacksmith shop in 1906. Later, he added living quarters above the shop. August married in 1910, had three children, and built a new two story, white house for his growing family. Following August's death, Walter, his son, continued to live here and continued blacksmithing and ornamental iron work in the adjoining shop. The Zahn blacksmith shop is now on the National Register of Historic Places.
The current owners have made efforts to preserve the blacksmith shop, and also to expose the stove wood construction used in both buildings.