Clio Logo

209 Mill Road faces south. This simple, one-story wood frame house has a side-gabled roof with center pediment accentuating the front entrance. Originally constructed in 1947, this house is similar in style to many homes of this era. Recently, this home has been updated. It preserves a simple style of the time and is a contributing structure to the Madison Station Historical District.


  • 209 Mill Street
  • Mr. Percy Keel

209 Mill Road faces south at the north end of Sturdivant Street. This simple, one-story wood frame house has a side-gabled roof with center pediment accentuating the front entrance. Originally constructed in 1947, this house is similar in style to many homes of this era. Recently, this home has been updated. It preserves a simple style of the time and is a contributing structure to the Madison Station Historical District.

The home belonged to Mr. Percy Brooks Keel, who moved to Madison in 1938 when he was 15 years old. Initially, Mr. Keel lived in an apartment above the Hughes Drugs Store building at the corner of Main and Garner downtown.