East Terrace House
East Terrace House is one of many beautiful 19th-century homes in Waco. A fine example of the Italianate architectural style, it was built in 1874 by industrialist and businessman John Wesley Mann, who was associated with the brick company that supplied the bricks for the Waco Suspension Bridge. Mann hosted many parties at the house and, in 1884, built a new wing that included a ballroom to accommodate larger gatherings. After the Mann family left, a series of owners resided here. The house was also used as a sanatorium and boarding house. Today, it is a house museum operated by the Historic Waco Foundation. Visitors will see many original Mann family items on display including a cast iron bathtub.
Photo: Waco Historic Commission