The Corby-Forsee building, the first multi-story office building, towers over Downtown St. Joseph. Designed William Sylvester Eames and Thomas Crane Young and constructed by the Selden Breck Construction Company of St. Louis, Missouri in 1910. In 1927 Eckel and Aldrich designed the addition, which sits above the cornice. While the addition is, stylistically, more utilitarian in contrast with the original design of the building it does feature ornamental iron work of acanthus and anthemion motifs.
The building is now home to Corby Place, a retirement community in St. Joseph. The building houses a desk that once belonged to the building's namesake, Joseph A. Corby.