This humble church has undergone major changes since this it was orginally constructed. It has also witnessed changes in the groups that have called it home. Built by the Baptist Union, in 1903 it was sold to Harrington Pilgrim Holiness and the Church of the Nazarene. In 1909, a split occurred between these two groups, and the church was turned over to the Pentecostal Church of the Nazarene. It was later sold to the Mount Carmel Seventh-Day Adventist Church, and still serves this congregation today.
Backstory and Context
It was later sold to the Mount Carmel Seventh-Day Adventist Church, and still serves this congregation today. This church servers one of the few African American Seventh Day Adventist congregations in central Delaware.
The church recently added on a hall to better serve their congregation and the community as a whole.