Clio Logo

Home of the College of Natural Resources, Bostian Hall could also be known as, "Biology Hall," since the three-story building houses classrooms for botany, entomology, microbiology, and zoology.


  • Dr. Bostian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carey_Hoyt_Bostian
  • Bostian Hall Classroom
https://rnr.ofa.ncsu.edu/project/bostian-hall-2/
  • https://maps.ncsu.edu/#
Campus Map
  • View of Bostian Hall from the Brickyard, circa 1980
https://d.lib.ncsu.edu/collections/catalog/0001437#?c=&m=&s=&cv=&xywh=-2337%2C0%2C10360%2C4469

Named after Carey Hoyt Bostian, elected NC State chancellor in 1953, Bostian Hall is the home of most of the Biological Sciences studied at NCSU. After six years, Dr. Bostian resigned from his chancellor position to return to teaching genetics and direct what later became the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.

Located in between the lovely Governors Scott Courtyard and The Brickyard on North Campus near Hillsborough Street, Bostian Hall was erected in 1979. The historical photo below is from the NCSU Libraries collection documenting the building not long after it was built.

Tips for visitors: Many of the rooms in Bostian Hall are laboratories, where no food or drink is allowed. Eat before you stop in!  It is also attached to the adjacent Gardner Hall, which can be confusing for visitors and students alike.