Abandoned Kisatchie School Building
In 1911, an entire town came together to build a place for their children to go to school, and by 1912, the first class attended the Kistachie School Building. Sadly, due to the poor construction, by 1931 repairs were needed, and the best solution they had was stucco. With only 47 children spanning over 12 grades, it was not feasible to continue operation, and in 1962, the school shut down. What is left is a haunting reminder of part of the history of the Lousiana school system and the legacy of a town's effort to educate their children.