Central Police Station
Originally built in 1891, the former Central Police Station is historically significant for its Romanesque architecture and the role it played in shaping local law enforcement from the turn-of-the-century to 1939, at which point a new police station was built. Added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2009, it was for a time the location of the National Military Heritage Museum, which closed in 2016. It is not clear whether the museum has moved to a new building.
Backstory and Context
Thomas, Clinton. "Military Heritage Museum shutting its doors." News Press & Gazette. April 27, 2016.
Photo: Wikimedia Commons