Mifflin County Courthouse
The Mifflin County Courthouse has been a prominent landmark in Lewiston since 1843 when it was built. Designed in the Greek Revival style, it is the third courthouse to serve Mifflin County. Its most prominent features are the cupola, front portico, and four Ionic columns. The building was expanded in 1878. Today, it is home to a number of organizations including the Mifflin County Historical Society's offices and research library, Downtown Lewistown Inc., the local chamber of commerce, and a tourist agency. The building was restored in the early 2000s.
"The Historic Courthouse." Mifflin County Historical Society. Accessed November 4, 2018. http://sites.rootsweb.com/~pamchs/MCHS/Historic_Courthouse.html.