Clio Logo

111 S. Seventh Avenue This home at the present sharp corner of Nebraska and S. 7th near Michigan Street, was built in 1898 for William S. Reynolds, who with his brother, Edward S. started the Reynolds Preserving Company that began with processing peas, then went on to cherries. In 1929, it was purchased by J. A. VanNatta, Superintendant of the local schools. Until recently it was the Reynolds House Bed & Breakfast. In 2019 the name was changed to the Dancing Dragonfly.


  • Photo by Ginny Haen
  • Photo by Ginny Haen
  • Photo by Ginny Haen
  • Reynolds family photo from Door County HIstorical Museum & Archives collection

This site is part of the Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin sidewalk stones project of Ginny Haen, Assistant Curator, Door County Historical Museum.1

1. Door County Historical Museum. . . http://map.co.door.wi.us/museum/.