The design depicts the highlights of Star City's Riverfront History, including:
Glass Factories: Gentile Glass was owned and operated by John and Gertrude Gentile from 1947-2006. Davis-Lynch Glass began its operations in 1943 and remains in business, specializing in lamp shades and globes. Other early glass companies in the area included The Star Glass Company and the Polish Factory.
River Barge: The river barges continue to travel the Monongahela River, transporting coal.
Star City's Blue Bridge: There was a bridge built in 1950 and demolished in 2002, that was replaced by Edith Barill Bridge.
Ferry Crossing: Before the Blue Bridge, there was a ferry used to cross the Monongahela River from Star City to Jimtown that was a major source of transportation for coal miners.