Rhode Island Medical Society Building
The Rhode Island Medical Society Building is a two-story brick Federal Revival building, designed by Clarke, Howe & Homer, and built in 1911–12. The erection of the building coincided with the 100th anniversary of the Rhode Island Medical Society founded in 1812 by 42 members. The building was renovated in 2010 allowing it to become LEEDS certified. The medical organization moved in 2012; thus the building is now occupied by Moran Shipping Agencies, Inc.
Backstory and Context
Stevens, Sarah Brooke. "A Brief History of the Rhode Island Medical Society Library Building
1909 – 1912" in Rhode Island Medical Society: About Us - History. rimedicalsociety.org. Accessed September 10, 2018. http://nebula.wsimg.com/37d07dee9da15a583df4ce80d4b7b9a6?AccessKeyId=0E7B7499CA841141582C&dispositio...
Woodward,, William McKenzie. "Nomination Form: Rhode Island Medical Society Building." National Register of Historic Places. November 15, 1983.
Rhode Island Medical Society Building: John Phelan - Own work, CC BY 3.0, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=17460938
1909 Photo: http://www.rimedicalsociety.org/about-us.html