The James M. Ashley & Thomas W. L. Ashley U.S. Courthouse is one of Toledo's finest landmarks. Formerly known as the United States Courthouse, Toledo, Ohio, the building is a fine example of Neoclassical architecture, incorporating elements of other architectural styles as well such Georgian and Greek Revival. Designed by James A. Whetmore, it was built in 1932 after two years of construction, replacing a much smaller building constructed in 1888 that became overcrowded. Today, the building houses the U.S. District Court, Bankruptcy Court, and the Marshals Service.