In 1916, a $25,000 grant from Andrew Carnegie funded the construction of a designated library building on the corner of 5th and B Avenues. The City also contributed $17,000. The library moved into its new home in 1923. Over the years, the library continued to expand, adding a children's section in 1939 and hosting its first Summer Reading Program in 1969.
In 1973, the library moved into a new building at 110 SW 4th Street and was renamed Lawton Public Library.