The Lebanon Rosenwald School was built in 1931 and was one of the last schools constructed as part of the Rosenwald building program. In 1928, the Rosenwald Fund began decreasing the amount of aid available to construct small schools. Rosenwald remained committed to supporting education but changed his strategy as he became concerned that Southern school boards would remain dependent on this fund and contributions from the African American community rather than taking responsibility for constructing schools in their communities. The schools built in Kentucky utilized 3% of the total funds Rosenwald donated, with the majority of Rosenwald Schools being constructed in Virginia states south of Kentucky. The construction of Rosenwald schools ended in 1937 and funding ended entirely in 1948.