The second high school was named after the School Board Superintendent, James E. Kinnison. Construction began on Kinnison in 1909, but the school was not completed until the late 1910s. The pattern of students attending grades 9-11 at Central and then attending Kinnison for their final year continued until the Kinnison school was completed. After construction was finally complete, Kinnison continued to serve as the city's high school for a little over a decade before it was replaced by the third high school building in 1932.
Central was torn down in 1931, the same year that construction on the third high school building began. Kinnison, though it's stent as the city's high school was short-lived, was utilized as a grade school until it was demolished in 2005. The lot where Central and Kinnison once stood remains empty.