Clio Logo

Established in 1952, the museum has a collection of artifacts spanning more than 200 years. The building itself is a historical structure, having served as a fire and police station as well as a tax office in the 1930s and 1940s. It later became the site of the Bastrop City Hall. The Society's Research Library contains 5,300 books, publications, newspapers, letters, maps, and genealogical and biographical material on the history of Bastrop County, its towns, communities, schools, historical buildings and early families. Cemetery records, family files and many out-of-print materials are available for research. Museum Research Library, Archives, and Office are open week days from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and by appointment on Saturday.