After La Casina was closed, the property was awarded to the Domestic and Foreign Missionary Society of the Protestant Episcopal Church in the United States of America. In 1942, the property was sold to another church, and it was sold again in 1946 to a manufacturer of women's bras. The Ellen Howard Corporation purchased the building in 1952, using it to manufacture bathing suits. This company left in 1987, and the building was neglected until it was purchased in 1989 by the Greater Jamaica Development Corporation.
Between 1994 and 1995, the building was restored by Li-Saltzman, an architectural firm. The firm removed aluminum siding, added in the 1960s or 1970s, replaced galvanized iron which had deteriorated, and changed the colors of the building back to the original colors. The original plate-glass windows, which had been replaced with glass-block windows, were added back as well.
Today, the building serves as an example of Streamlined Moderne architecture, popular in the 1930s. The building is characterized by the ziggurat rooftop and its two-tiered facade. The bottom portion of the building is lined with half gray and half coral stucco. The wood and glass double doors at the entrance are the original doors from the building. La Casina was added to the National Register of Historical Places in 1990. It is currently occupied by the Jamaica Business Resource Center.