This public square, nicknamed "The Diamond" located at the intersection of Montgomery Street and Allegheny Street. It remained a commercial and social hub of Hollidaysburg for many years during the peak of the railroad and mainline canal operation. <a href="https://sites.psu.edu/hollidaysburghistory/">click for more</a ...
The Diamond facing East showing the American House and The Capitol Hotel circa 1910
The Diamond facing South showing The Capitol Hotel and First National Bank circa 1910
Backstory and Context
Four particular points of interest within the Diamond are the Capital Hotel, The Hollidaysburg Trust Company building (originially First National Bank), the Condron Opera House, and the American House which no longer resides in the Diamond. An abundance of history and significance lie within these four corners of Hollidaysburg's public square. To get the full story on these buildings, go to the official Hollidaysburg Walking Tour website listed below.