Al-Qaaed Ibrahim mosque
This mosque was built by the Italian architect Marrio Rossi
Backstory and Context
It was built by the Italian architect Mario Rossi. It was built in 1948 near al-Raml Square overlooking Al-Khaldeen garden. The mosque is marked with its tall minaret; which established itself as a landmark among the surrounding high-rise buildings. The mosque followed the Mamluk style of architecture with its stalactite entrance, trefoil crenellations and stalactites on the facades.
The mosque was named after Ibrahim Pasha; the eldest son of Mohammad Ali Pasha and commander of his army who was sent on successful missions to Sudan, Greece, Syria and Konya.