Warden Tower Building
The Tower Building, built in 1904 by Horatio M. Warden in First Renaissance Revival style with Classical Revival overtones. The original Seth Thomas clock tower atop the building was removed in the 1930s due to earthquake concerns. Warden was a leading businessman in S.L.O. at the turn of the century, establishing the first bank in the County in 1872 with Chauncey Hatch Phillips.