Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Cathedral Church of the Advent (home to an Episcopalian congregation) is one of the oldest churches in the city and one of the few structures left from the Victorian period. It is a well-preserved example of English Gothic Revival architecture, which is often characterized by stained glass windows, a crenellated bell tower, and pointed arches. It was completed in 1885 though was first occupied two years earlier.
The congregation was founded in 1872, just after the city was founded. The church was built during the city's real estate and iron industry boom, and some of its members were prominent players in these industries. The church was declared a cathedral in 1982, and underwent restoration between 1999-2005.