Dresbach owned a livery, a hotel, a saloon, a general store and a grain warehouse. Eventually, however, Dresbach lost the home to bankruptcy in 1879, and the property went through two owners before being purchased by Frank Hunt in 1899. Hunt sold the property to his brother, John, sometime the same year. John Hunt, a widower, lived in the home with his three eldest children until his death in 1919.
Following the death of John Hunt, his two daughters inherited the property, and the oldest Hunt daughter, Mary Hunt Boyer, lived in the home with her unmarried sister until Mary's death in 1973.
The home narrowly escaped demolition in the years following Mary Boyer's death, and the home was leased to numerous businesses over the years. The city of Davis eventually bought the property, which includes a tank house and the remnants of an orange grove. Currently the home is used by the Yolo County Visitors Bureau and by the Parks and Community Service office of Davis. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.