Originally a tannery and currier shop, this structure later housed a popular restaurant.
Backstory and Context
house is similar in detail to the old Waldo/Currier Block (300 Broadway),
rebuilt after the 1849 fire which destroyed many buildings in the area . A
photograph of the Edwin J. Castle Drug Store in the Currier Block can be found
in the Christmas Supplement of the Methuen Transcript (1898) at the Methuen
A Chinese laundry was located in the building from about 1900 until the Methuen Company sold the building in 1922 to the Methuen Club, a group of local business and professional men. From the 1920s to 1975, the building was used as a clubhouse with bowling alleys, billiard tables and card tables. Since the mid-70s, the building has housed one of Methuen's more popular restaurants.