Established in the 1970s by local citizens, this small museum is located on the second floor of the Greenville Branch library. The community organization grew as residents contributed artifacts, books, diaries, and a variety of other items. In the early 1980s, the organization met with leaders of the public library and secured space at the Greenville Branch. Visitors to this small museum can see records and artifacts related to the role of this community in the Underground Railroad, items related to black businesses and churches, and collections related to the civil rights movement in New York and New Jersey. The building has served as a library since its opening in 1927 and was designed by New York City Albert S. Gottlieb.


  • The museum is located on the top floor of the Greenville Branch library.
    The museum is located on the top floor of the Greenville Branch library.