Linda Vista Branch Library
The current library facility is an award winning building by architect Rob Quigley, dedicated on December 12, 1987. It features two courtyards which extend visually into the interior space and a raised rotunda with clerestory windows. Playful elements and lightweight wood construction balance the traditional Mediterranean styles, formal spaces, and clear programmatic plan.
Backstory and Context
A larger library facility was built in 1951 to meet the neighborhood’s high use. The building is now occupied by the Educational Enrichment Systems Child Development Center.