Fraternal Hall (Native Sons Hall)
Only a few years younger than Palo Alto itself, the Fraternal Hall was built in 1897 to house a number of civic organizations which dedicated themselves to the growth of the new city. The building is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Backstory and Context
Over the years, Fraternal Hall has housed a number of businesses and organizations. In the early 1900s, the building was home to University A.M.E. Zion Church and in the 1920s, it housed the Palo Alto Elks Club. Since that time, it has housed numerous restaurants and bars.
Fraternal Hall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.