Constructed in 1907, this building served as a bank and post office in Cuba City for many years. The Farmers Bank, later renamed the Cuba City State Bank, occupied the building from 1907-1928. The Cuba City Post Office operated in this location for much of the 20th century. The building has also been home to several retail establishments over the years.
The Farmers Bank was the second bank established in Cuba City. Founded
in 1896 by John Longbotham, George Loeffelholz and John Warrick, the
bank was originally located in the Kittoe building (now housing the
Tri-County Press). In 1907, the founding bankers built this structure and relocated the Farmers Bank to the building's north side.Cuba City's post office moved into the triangular room on the south
side. The post office had previously been located in a small building on
Webster Street, east of Main.
In 1910, the Farmers Bank changed its name to the Cuba City State Bank. It
stayed in the above building until 1928, when it
acquired the stock and assets of the First National Bank and moved into
the First National building.