This beautiful church was constructed in 1892 and has been the home of the city's first Unitarian Universalist congregation ever since. Architect George Page designed it in the Richardsonian Romanesque style and it features domes, cupolas, square towers, and stained glass windows on the front facade. Restoration efforts began in the 1990s and not completed until 2001 due to devastating fire in October 1995. The congregation itself formed in 1865. The church was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1977.