The Buffalo Hotel was built in the 1800s and was a regular stopping place by riverboat travelers. The Hotel stood many years and even withstood the flood of 1913 when most of the town was under a few feet of water. The building stood beside the D.K. store for many years until torn down in the 1960s.
The Buffalo Hotel was always a regular stop for riverboat travelers down the Kanawha River. Built in the 1800s the hotel has seen history from the Civil War up to the 1960s before it was torn down. The only remnants of this building is the stone scallops that curbed the front of the building.